What’s a free trial? This is an unpaid period for using a VPN service. During this time you can evaluate it and see if it fits your needs. If you realize that the provider’s features are not suitable for you, or you don’t want to use it anymore, you can cancel the subscription at any moment.
Why a free trial VPN is better than just a free VPN
Choosing a completely free VPN, you should be ready to encounter the next troubles:
- reduced Internet speed
- inability to unblock popular streaming services
- access to fewer servers and protocols
- absence of Killswitch, Split Tunneling, Double Encryption and other crucial features.
Are you interested in how VPN works? Read our article What Is VPN?
Totally free VPNs could be enough for obtaining access to some banned websites and social networks, but video streaming, torrenting, and, most important, high-level online protection are likely to be unavailable. Besides, the connection provided by free VPNs breaks down pretty often.
Alternatively, VPNs with a free trial are full-featured VPNs. You can use them for streaming Netflix or Hulu, accessing certain servers while playing online games, or torrenting. The only restriction is time. Normally, a trial period lasts 7 days.
Best VPNs with a free trial in 2020
We have selected only those VPNs that don’t require time-consuming registrations and entering a lot of personal data. At the same time, they are known for the best encryption and bypass geo blocking capability.
Here are the CyberGhost’s features you most likely want to try:
- Access to banned social networks and messaging apps
- Determining the optimal server
- Unlimited bandwidth through the VPN proxy
- Switching between different protocols (PPTP, Open VPN, etc.)
- Built-in protection from data leaks, malicious influences and phishing attacks
- High-level ad blocking
- Low system requirements
- Fast registration procedure
- Encrypted data tunnel for increased security
- Anonymous VoIP
- A huge list of VPN servers with the display of each load
- P2P support.
Please note: CyberGhost VPN free trial is allocated only for 1 day (7 days for iOS version).
It is a very flexible VPN featuring minimalistic design. Below you may find some advantages to consider.
- No logs policy
- Encryption algorithm AES 256
- Split Tunneling
- IP Shuffle
- Leak protection
- DDoS protection
- P2P optimized servers
- Access to Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
HMA’s free trial lasts 7 days. To get it, you should fill in your credit card number, but money will not be charged.
If you forget to cancel your subscription after seven days, please be aware that you will be billed for a full year of service. Before you panic, remember that you can still take advantage of the 30-day money-back guarantee by writing a message to the support.
Here are a few reasons to checkout Cactus VPN free trial:
- User-friendly menu
- No annoying ads
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Access to government-censored sites
- Bypassing firewalls at work & school
- Unblocking Disney+, Pandora, HBO, Netflix.
You can try Cactus VPN for free within 3 days after registration.
Here are some points to make you interested in this pretty prickly VPN:
- Dedicated IP
- DDoS protection
- P2P servers for torrenting
- Leak protection
- Reduced lag and ping times for gaming.
Pure VPN sends all your Internet traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel (using the IKEv2 protocol), which keeps all your passwords and personal data secure (including public and compromised Wi-Fi networks). The service does not track your actions on the web and, accordingly, cannot transfer this information to third parties.
A fully functional Pure VPN trial version with no restrictions is offered for $0.99 for a 7-days period, but you can easily refund it.
Why is it worth continuing to use VPN after the trial period?
The free trial version helps you to try the main features of a VPN, but it always has drawbacks. Here you may consider some of them:
- The limited-time of use
- Possible ads
- Low speed during the trial period
- Limited traffic
- Low performance due to numerous users
- No user support
- A shortened list of the servers available
- Data leak if the connection is broken
- Limited functionality.
Other than that, you can forget about the ending of a trial period in a moment when you really need a protected connection. To avoid such cases and feel confident on the Internet, we suggest using a full version of your favorite VPN services.